Thursday, August 25, 2005

Dog Weddings and Pants Puppets

So last night was fairly uneventful at the poodle.

Things I learned:

1. People will actually pay good money to host a dog wedding and have it professionally done. It turns out two of my favorite people (we'll call them Whisker #1 and Whisker #2) were paid a good amount to host nuptials between two lovely basset hounds. This grand event was complete with cake, a gazebo, chairs, best man, maid of honor and doggie wedding apparel. Who knew?

2. Dockers are NEVER a good thing to wear in a gay bar. There was a fairly attractive man who obviously came straight from the office wearing pleated Dockers. That in itself isn't so bad, a lot of people need a drink after work. What was bad was the GIANT pants puppet he was sporting. Pleated business casual clothing has an annoying habit of tenting up when you're sitting down. This poor guy looked like he had a honeydew melon codpiece and it was fairly disturbing to me. I could not look, yet I could not look away.

3. The third thing I learned is that a free bottle of birthday wine is always a crowd pleaser.

At least today is scotch and water Friday!